Sommer Sports has exciting opportunities available for individuals interested in joining our race timing team. No timing experience is required, but applicants should have advanced computer, database and networking skills. This will be a contracted, part time, paid position, reporting directly to the Director of Timing. This job requires weekend work with very early start times. Some travel may be required to attend out of town events.
The following qualifications are helpful, but not required for the position.
· Previous database management experience.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
· Ability to set-up, manage and troubleshoot often complex wired and wireless networks
· Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data, in various formats.
· Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at any given time.
· Strong customer service skills, including when working under pressure.
· Ability to travel
· Must be available to work weekends, select holidays and extended hours as needed.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following: Setting up registration and timing computers, data entry from entry forms, instructing and monitoring timing volunteers, setting up timing equipment, creating a network to connect all timing equipment, cleaning and storing timing equipment, assisting participants with race results issues, and more.
For more information, please email Timing@SommerSports.com