Immediate Job Opportunity: Registration and Timing Coordinator
Sommer Sports has an exciting employment opportunity available for a full-time Registration and Timing Coordinator. The position is based out of our Clermont, Florida office managing the race registration and timing of Sommer Sports owned and supported events. We are looking for a fun loving, passionate, detail-oriented, computer & technology savvy person with the desire to help grow our event timing business, and take it to a new level. Candidates should have strong customer service skills, a high degree of computer expertise, a broad knowledge of setting up networks, database management skills, be highly organized and a self-starter. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team. Strong and proven communication skills are necessary, both oral and written. Applicants should be comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
This position requires travel and the ability to work 30-35 weekends a year. Training will be provided for specific responsibilities; however, applicants must be eager and capable of learning software programs and technology on their own. Familiarity with the triathlon, running and obstacle racing community is a plus.
Sommer Sports currently times with Ipico technology and uses Runscore software. Our current registration provider is RunSignUp.com
The Registration and Timing Coordinator will report to the company president.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have analytical and computer skills matched with superb communication. You excel in a fast-paced, often stressful environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You will have a demonstrated strong database management experience including the ability to independently prioritize and manage complex and simultaneous projects. You proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate new programs. You seek out and implement new, exciting and faster ways to make the results data available to the athletes and the public.
In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
· Manage the online registration for all Sommer Sports owned events, ensuring all events are fully operational and provide users with seamless experience.
· Manage data through the entire registration process: launch registration, maintain registration process, close registration, manage data for the event, and utilize data for timing of event.
· Oversee registration operations for all events including bib assignment, packet preparation and pick-up operations in conjunction with the event operations team.
· Create reporting for analysis of registration data including weekly tracking, demographics for marketing/sponsors, and event-specific data needs.
· Manage timing function through the entire process: including race number assignment, label preparation, create race file and import data into timing software program, race day timing functions, posting/confirming results, post-race management of timing inquiries and errors, finalize results, and archiving data 2 weeks after event.
· Manage pre and post event email communications with the participants.
· Obtain and schedule race day contracted timing staff for events.
· Coordinate travel to and from out of town events.
· Schedule timing equipment rentals when needed.
· Responsible for maintaining chip/tag inventory including prepping tags for use, and tracking missing tags following an event.
· Responsible for maintenance of timing equipment: develop a maintenance plan, establish a process for periodic equipment checks and ensure all equipment is functioning and available on race day.
· Manage Series results, tracking and compilation of points, post results, communicate updates and field inquiries from members regarding standings.
· Knowledge and understanding of all applicable USAT, USATF & Sommer Sports Rules of Competition as they relate to timing.
· Success in the above areas requires cross-functional relationships with other key members of the Sommer Sports Team.
· Candidates should have previous chip timing experience.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
· Strong working knowledge of Windows OS
· Ability to set-up, manage and troubleshoot often complex wired and wireless networks
· Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data, in various formats.
· Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Must be highly organized, efficient, and detailed.
· Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at any given time.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite., especially Excel
· Basic knowledge of HTML web design is a plus
· Strong customer service skills, including when working under pressure.
· Excellent decision making skills.
· Ability to travel
· Must be available to work weekends, select holidays and extended hours as needed.
· Creativity and passion for the Sommer Sports mission.
· Demonstrated commitment to fitness preferred.
· Be drama free
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the event business with lots of opportunities to grow and learn.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jobs@SommerSports.com by March 10, 2017. Only resumes with salary requirements will be considered. Please, no phone calls.